Runner of the Year Award
1) Runner of the Year
ROY is a series of 13 races spread out over the calendar year 2015. Points are awarded to each CCRC member for each race completed.
The list of 2015 ROY races is posted below.
2) CCRC Membership
You may join the CCRC at any time during the year. If you join by April 31, you will receive ROY points for any race you did prior to April 31 as well as all future races.
If you join after April 31, you will receive points only for races done after April 31.
3) Multiple Distances
If there are multiple distances at a particular event ( for example, the Healthcare Classic has a 5 K and a 10 K ), ROY points will be awarded whichever race you choose.
4) Age / Gender Scoring
We will again be using the age / gender scoring system to award points in each race. Runners generally get somewhere between 40 and 70 points for each race.
5) Age Determination
Your age for the year will be whatever your age is on 12/31/2015. This simplifies the points process by not having to change people’s ages throughout the year.
6) ROY Spreadsheet
The ROY “leader board” spreadsheet will be updated on the club’s website as soon as possible after each race.
At the CCRC’s end of the year banquet, the top ten point-getters will receive a very nice award. The way to make it to the top ten is to run a lot of races. Participation in the ROY races it is far more important than speed.
8) Benefit for Juniors
Any junior ( ages 1 – 14 ) who does a minimum of 4 races will receive an award at the annual CCRC banquet.
9) Volunteer Requirement
Anyone competing for the ROY awards must choose one of the ROY races at which to volunteer. Please choose one of the races and email your choice to email@example.com. Put “ROY Volunteer” in the subject box.
Sign up early. Once the volunteer slots fill up for a particular race, you will have to pick a different race.
Your volunteer assignment will be determined by the race director.
ROY Schedule 2015
Date — Race — Distance — Venu
01) 03/07 Sat — Peter’s Free Wheelin’ — 5K — Dalton
02) 03/14 Sat — Grizzly Trail – 5K — Dalton
03) 03/17 Tues — St. Patrick’s Day — 2M — Dalton
04) 04/11 Sat — RFG Run at the Mill — HM, 5K, 10K — Varnell
05) Run for John — 5K — Dalton
06) 05/09 Sat — Healthcare Classic — 5K, 10K — Dalton
07) 06/20 Sat — RFG JFest — 5K — East Ridge
08) 08/08 Sat — Missionary Ridge — 5M — Chattanooga
09) United Way Super Hero — 1M — Dalton
10) Black Bear — 5K — Chatsworth
11) 10/24 Sat — Dalton Red Carpet — HM, 5K — Dalton
12) Family Forever — 5K — Tunnel Hill
13) 12/04 Fri — Silver Bell Sprint — 5K — Dalton