Runner of the Year Award
ROY Rules for 2014
1) Runner of the Year is a series of 15 races spread out over the calendar year 2014. Points are awarded to each CCRC member for each race completed. The list of 2014 ROY races is shown below.
2) You may join the CCRC at any time during the year. You will then receive points for any races you have already completed in 2014.
3) If there are multiple distances at a particular event (for example, the Healthcare Classic has a 5K and a 10K), ROY points will be awarded whichever race you choose.
4) We will again be using the age/gender scoring system to award points in each race. Runners generally get somewhere between 40 and 70 points for each race.
The faster you run, the more points you get. But the age/gender grading means, for example, that a 60 year-old male will get more points than a 30 year-old male if they run at the same pace. The same is true for women.
Example: 60 year-old male 5K in 31:00 award = 51.1 points
30 year-old male 5K in 31:00 award = 41.8 points
Also, ladies get a nice break over their male counterparts. A 40 year-old female will get more points than a 40 year-old male if they run at the same pace.
Example: 40 year-old female 5K in 31:00 award = 53.1 points
40 year-old male 5K in 31:00 award = 46.4 points
5) Your age for the year will be whatever your age is on 12/31/2014. This simplifies the points process by not having to change people’s ages throughout the year.
6) The ROY spreadsheet will be updated on the club’s website within a few days after each race.
7) At the CCRC’s end of the year banquet, the top ten point-getters will receive a very nice award. The way to make it to the top ten is to run a lot of races. Participation in the ROY races it is far more important than speed.
8) For adults (15 and over), there is no minimum number of races needed to compete for the top ten.
9) Juniors (ages 1 – 14) will be treated differently. Any junior who does a minimum of 4 races will receive an award at the annual CCRC banquet.
10) We have decided to re-institute the volunteer requirement for 2014. Anyone competing for the ROY awards must choose one of the ROY races at which to volunteer. Once the final list of the 2014 race series is posted on the CCRC website, please choose one of the races and email your choice to email@example.com Please put “ROY Volunteer” in the subject box
Please sign up early. Once the volunteer slots fill up for a particular race, you will have to pick a different race.